“Show Hong Kong Your Work”
RISD Hong Kong Traveling Scholarship Competition
Rhode Island School of Design Hong Kong Alumni Association (RISD HK) is established to strengthen the ties between the school and its alumni living and working in and around Hong Kong. Also it aims to promote international exchange in art and design through organizing meaningful events.
This year, RISD HK will for the first time organize a student competition aiming at promoting RISD traditions and education mission in Hong Kong. In the process, it also provides an opportunity for RISD students to exhibit their work in an Art Show in Hong Kong, win a meaningful scholarship and great prize.
The competition is open to applicants from all departments of full time RISD undergraduate or graduate students. Entry Requirements
1. Entrant need to submit a piece of work with image file that you have done at RISD.
2. The competition has no category restriction. Any type of studio work can be submitted, including but without being limited to the following categories: painting, sculpture, furniture, jewelry/fashion, photos.
3. All Image files must be in jpg format, 720×540 pixels in 72 dpi.
4. Images must be labeled with project name, each to correspond to a keyed description (maximum 50 words).
5. Entrants must provide the following information on a separate cover sheet:
•Entrant’s graduation year
•Title of work
•Size of work
•The ways that RISD inspires your creation (maximum 50 words)
•Reasons to visit Hong Kong (maximum 50 words)
Works will be judged on the blending of aesthetics, creative achievement, technical performance and design concept goals.
Ten submissions will be chosen as Finalists by a panel of RISD alumni members invited by RISD HK Alumni Association. The grand prize winner will be chosen at the event night by participants’ votes.
Ten Finalist Prizes Entrants’ studio works can be exhibited in an Art Show at the prestigious Hong Kong Fringe Club Grand Prize Winner Win a return air ticket to Hong Kong
Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants must meet terms of eligibility.
2. There is no fee to enter a submission.
3. All works must be original and unpublished. The participant must be the original author and the sole owner of all of his/her works.
4. Low resolution images will be disqualified.
5. By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to grant RISD Hong Kong Alumni Association to publish and exhibit all the designs created by competitors at exhibitions and events and in any printed or on-line publications that may deemed suitable and/or necessary and the right to publicize the names of the winners.
6. Entrants will retain ownership of their Entry, including all intellectual property rights which may exist in the Entry
All entrants must submit their works to email@example.com on or before November 25, 2011